5-6 Tournament Rules
Click for a PDF
5th – 6th Grade Tournament Rules
Alexander Soccer Club
- Teams will play 6v6 (5 and a goalie).
- If a team’s roster is 5, the game will be played 6v5.
- If both teams’ rosters are 5, the game can be played 5v5.
- If either team’s roster is 4 or fewer players, the game will be considered a 3-0 forfeit by the team with 4 or less players. If neither team has more than 4 players, the game is recorded as “no contest”, and no game points are awarded to either team.
- If one team can not field a full team of 6 and the goal difference reaches 3, the game can be called and points awarded for the win (3) and a goal differential of +3.
- Both teams’ coaches must agree on calling the game.
- If the game is not called, and the score becomes a 5 goal difference, the game is automatically called.
- If a game is called, the coaches can mix players from both teams and finish the game in whatever format the coaches agree upon. Example: If you were playing 6v5, you could combine teams and play 6v6 or play 5v5.
- Same game and general rules apply. There are no 2nd chances on throw-ins.
- Tournament games are designated on the schedule.
- Tourney format
- A single round-robin format will be used. Each team will play each other once for the tournament.
- Tournament games can end in a tie.
- Points will be awarded for each game in accordance with the following schedule:
- Three points for a WIN
- One point for a TIE
- Zero points for a LOSS
- In the event of a tie in the final standings (based on the scoring listed above), the following will be used to determine the final standings for tied teams.
- Head to head results
- Goal differential (maximum of +/- 3 goal difference per game)
- Most goals scored (maximum of 3 goals per game)
- Least goals allowed (total for 3 games in tournament with no limit)
- Penalty kicks