Parent General Info
Click for a PDF
Alexander Soccer Club parent general information
Each season starts with a parent meeting at the Alexander school cafeteria. We go over general information, have team rosters and coaches will be there to meet. Practice and game schedules will be provided as soon as possible, but it can take time to work it out with the school schedule and field availability.
- What to wear – Players must wear shin guards covered by socks or combined with socks combined and should wear soccer cleats
- Preschool, Kindergarten and 1st graders use a size 3 ball. The 2nd to 6th graders use a size 4 ball.
- All players must have a completed registration form. Players are assigned a team and should play for that team. Players can help another team when they are short players if it is ok with both teams’ coaches and the team is the same age group he or she normally plays.
- Coaches – We always need coaches. If you are good with kids, please consider coaching. We can provide training for gameplay and coaching.US Youth Soccer and other associations provide free online resources.
- Referees – We always need referees. We do pay for each game. If you are interested or you know people interested, please let us know. Please remember we are all human, and everyone sees the game differently.
- Website we have online registration available. We can send text messages to parents. Let us know if you would like to add or remove phone numbers or email. The website also has announcement section. The website is www.alexandersoccerclub.com.
- Fund Raising – Fundraisers help us keep our registration costs lower than anyone else in the area and helps us avoid having to search for sponsorship money. Fundraising pays for equipment, insurance, supplies, etc. Concession stand – Parents can sign up for shifts during any games. Parents can donate their time or receive $10 per shift back, up to the registration fee they paid.
- Fields – When at the Alexander fields, please remember that there are no pets allowed. Also, Alexander is a tobacco free school zone so we ask that you please respect that even in the parking lots. No smoking at all please. Please clean up trash when you leave so we can keep our fields in the best shape possible.
- Game Days – There are a couple changes in effect this season as a response to parent and coach surveys.
- We are separating parents and teams (kids and coaches). Please stay on the designated side lines. Please do not stand or sit behind goals.
- You are expected to be supportive and set a positive example for the players. Inappropriate behavior pointed towards referees, players, and coaches will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave the field. If there are issues or concerns, you are expected to raise them to soccer club board members.
- Water/drinks Every child should bring their own water bottle to the fields. The concession stand will be open during games. Some practices could have concession open if other teams have games.
- Weather – Games and Practices – Weather can be an issue. Practice cancellations will usually be determined by individual coaches. Sometimes we have to make a decision based on the conditions of the fields/safety for the players. Game cancellations will be determined by the soccer board -not individual teams - and can happen sometimes happen at the last minute. Sometimes the weather clears right as games are getting ready to start so we may have you show up at the fields before any determination is made. If we do need to cancel, the club will contact coaches, post an announcement to the website, and send email and text. Coaches will contact their team parents.
- Lightning and/or thunder
- If thunder, clear the fields until 30 minutes after the last time it was heard.
- If lightning, clear the fields until 30 minutes after the last time it was heard.
- Pictures Downard Photography normally does pictures for the club. The club will contact Downard Photography with a game schedule. Downard Photography schedules the times and is responsible for making any corrections to orders.
- Club – Club officers, coaches and refs are all volunteers. If you are interested in helping, please contact us.
We hope you have a terrific season. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We are always willing to listen to questions or concerns, and love to have new parents at club meetings or actively involved in the club. We always need more coaches. If you are interested, please let us know.
Alexander Soccer Club firstname.lastname@example.org www.alexandersoccerclub.com
Click for a PDF